Check out what industry experts think about the rise of the soft drink – is it all it’s cracked up to be?
Propel Quarterly magazine discusses key themes in the industry and gives a sneak peek into trends to look out for. The recent summer edition focused on the soft drink hype, which we’ve seen growing and growing over the last couple of years. Here are our top takeaways…
- Soft drinks accounted for £6.9bn sales in 2017.
- 1 in 3 consumers reduced their alcohol intake last year, with premium, healthier soft drinks plugging the alcohol gap.
- Health-conscious customers are on the hunt for low-calorie and low-sugar alternatives, without having to compromise on taste.
- Customers are willing to pay up to 20% more for a premium soft drink, so it’s all about innovating with glassware, garnishes and presentation to give customers a theatrical experience.
- 72% of occasions (think birthday and anniversary celebrations) now include a soft drink, so there’s plenty of opportunity to upsell to premium options.
- 1 in 5 pub-restaurant visits involve children and 90% of parents are looking to reduce their children’s sugar intake with healthier soft drinks.
- Soft drink sales will only continue to grow, so keep those fridges stocked! 🙂
Check out the full article here.